Sunday evening I decided to listen to an episode of The Joy Of Music while doing some cleaning. I almost could not believe my ears! Diane Bish played her arrangement of "All Creatures of Our God and King." I instantly felt amazed and overcome as I am currently learning this hymn. This is not the first time where I have unexpectedly heard a piece performed that I am currently learning. I am awestruck each time it happens. I feel like it is a sign from God to continue pursuing the organ. At my last lesson Michael reminded me to listen to recordings of the pieces that I am learning. Perhaps, God brought this recording to me!
Romans 8:28 "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose" (NIV).
You may be thinking, oh that was just a coincidence. How many things have to align for it to not be a coincidence?
- Diane Bish has recorded over 500 episodes of The Joy of Music.
- This particular episode was saved on my DVR.
- The DVR is set to record The Joy of Music every time that it is on (it airs on the The Church Channel on Dish Network).
- The DVR will only keep the 20 most recent recordings.
- I randomly picked this episode of the 20 saved on the DVR.
- My motive for listening to the show was not purely to hear organ music. Just recently my husband asked me if I still watched them. I decided to put on an episode in the background while cleaning as I had been neglecting the show. My initial goal was to be able to tell my husband that I listened to an episode.
- I had attempted to invite myself over to my niece's for the evening but she had other plans. If she has been around, I would not have been home cleaning.
- I was only cleaning because my washer had broke on Saturday and my brother-in-law was coming the next day to fix it.
I could list more but I am not trying to convince you, although perhaps I am attempting to be a bit persuasive.
Regardless of what you believe - hand of God or just coincidence - it felt awesome to me!